Carnival is probably the best-loved celebration in Venice, but do you know its real origins? Why it goes back to the year 1094, when celebrations took place from October through June?
What you will receive in this e-guide:
- Discover the origins of Carnival in Venice - stories and legends that take us back to the year 1094.
- Learn about historical Carnival fashion and contemporary Carnival beauty styling.
- Five special itineraries take you around Venice during Carnival, amongst others, tasting the best-loved seasonal pastries called frittelles (fritole).
- Discover the authentic culinary flavors of Carnival: Ingredients for Carnival tea and coffee, a fragrant winter breakfast, a typical Carnival menu, and the historical recipes for surprising pastries tasting of roses and spices.
- Virtual visits to cafes, learning more about Venetian coffeehouse culture.
- Recipes of Carnival street food.
- Read the stories of historical Venetian banquets, such as the lunch hosted or the French King Henry III in the year 1594, and of contemporary banquets during Carnival.
- Decipher the secret language of Venetian Carnival masks. You will also learn to distinguish historical masks and gowns from imitations.
- Access to all future updates of your e-guide.
- A special bonus section with Carnival updates, impressions, recipes, virtual tours, and more.
87 pages + Bonuses:
Your new e-book Carnival in Venice comes with a special page on our website, on which we post updates + news, virtual walks during Carnival in Venice, and a gallery of the latest images and recipes. You can access your bonuses via a password upon checkout on this page.
Updated in February 2022.
Heading or impact text goes here.
Use this text to share information about your brand with your customers. Describe a product, share announcements, or welcome customers to your store.